Monday, November 19, 2012

"My friends want me to be able to eat."

When I became a new Christian I was able to be around a gentleman named Mr. Raymond Koffel.  He was around 70 years old and owned an "army surplus" store on Carroll Street in Salisbury, Maryland.  People used to ask him to give them a special discount "as a friend."  His comeback was: "My friends want me to be able to eat."  I picked up a lot of wisdom in my visits with him.
This man picked up a harmonica in his parking lot and said that God had put that harmonica there for him to learn.  Between ages 70 and 75 he had learned about 100 songs to play on the harmonica.  He played in churches.  He was truly young at heart.
If you like my writings, please help support them by buying books, writing reviews on Amazon and Barnes and Noble, etc.

No comments: